- Nation’s largest private communications, media and automotive services company
- Founded in 1898 by James M. Cox (Ohio’s first three-term governor and the 1920 Democratic nominee for president of the United States)
- Headquarters: Atlanta
- Revenue: $18 billion
- Employees: 60,000
- Chairman: Jim Kennedy
- President and CEO: John Dyer
- Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer: Alex Taylor
- Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer: Dallas Clement
- Executive Vice President of Human Resources and Administration: Marybeth Leamer
- President of Cox Communications: Pat Esser
- President of Cox Automotive: Sandy Schwartz
- President of Cox Media Group: Bill Hoffman
- Cox Communications: Broadband communications and entertainment company; nation’s third largest cable television company that serves approximately 6 million residential and business customers.
- Cox Automotive: World’s leader in vehicle remarketing services and digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers and consumers; touches over 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. and has more than 40,000 dealer partnerships.
- Cox Media Group: Integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company; operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly.
Major National Brands:
- Kelley Blue Book
- National Sustainability Program: Cox Conserves
- National Environmental Partners: American Rivers, Ocean Conservancy, The Trust for Public Land
- National Diversity Partners: Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund (APIASF), Human Rights Campaign, League of United Latin American Citizens, National Urban League, 100 Black Men of America
- Cox Communications serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses.
- Cox Business provides voice, data and video services for more than 300,000 small and regional businesses.
- Autotrader has 4.2 million average daily vehicle listings.
- Kelley Blue Book provides valuations for 443 million vehicles annually.
- Manheim has sold more than 100 million cars since 1945.
- Cox Media Group weekly reaches more than 30 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million print and online newspaper readers, and more than 14 million radio listeners.